VAX graphics

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sat Feb 27 13:43:08 CST 2010

On 2/27/10 7:47 AM, e.stiebler wrote:

>> I dare say we can safely assume it's not a serially connected terminal
>> (even ignoring that I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a serial
>> terminal with bitmap graphics with a resolution close to this).
>
> I agree here ;-)

I worked for a company that produced such a terminal (Advanced Electronic
Design). There were at least six other companies producing color raster graphic
terminals in the early 80's (AED, Jupiter Systems, Ramtek, Raster Technologies,
Tektronix, Metheus, and Chromatics) that were capable of displaying what appears
in that video.