Commodore 1520 Plotter

CSquared csquared3 at tx.rr.com
Sun Feb 28 23:44:28 CST 2010

Fred Cisin wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Feb 2010, Roger Pugh wrote:
>> I'm sure someone makes little fibertip pens for these.  The ballpoint
>> design was too prone to drying out IMO.
>> Perhaps there is a ballpoint/Biro FAQ somewhere in the interweb with
>> tips on rejuvenating ballpoints.
>
> MOST "dried-up"/"out of ink" ballpoint pens can be used for a bit longer
> after holding the tip briefly in the flame of a match.
>
> Have you tried injecting more ink into one?
>
> Howzbout cutting down a regular ballpoint refill, and sealing the cut end?

I have no knowledge of this plotter, and no connection with either of
the companies I'm about to mention, but I am really very picky about the
ball point pens I use so I thought I'd throw this out in case it might
help someone.  For almost all purposes I use Pilot Precise V5 Extra Fine
pens in black, blue or red; and I think they are just great.  For
working crossword puzzles on newspaper stock, I've become addicted to
the Pentel EnerGel 0.7mm pen.  This latter one might be too coarse for a
plotter.  If I were going to try and devise a plotter pen replacement,
I'm sure I'd start with the Pilot.  I do think they would need to be
capped when not in use, and I don't know if that would disqualify them
or not.
Later,
Charlie C.