desoldering problems and technique

Dan Roganti ragooman at comcast.net
Sun Jan 3 18:46:12 CST 2010

What I do is add extra heat on the opposite side using an extra pencil
tip solder iron , hold the board vertically[or use a vise], it helps
control the action this way, and preheat the other side with the
desolder iron [with the bulb squeezed tightly] for several seconds and
then release. This also helps with the stubborn power pins on any DIP
package.

=Dan

http://www.midatlanticretro.org/