TEAC FD-55GFR and Deviceside

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 18:05:15 CDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> Do you mean to say that it's *impossible* to write disks using the
> Deviceside?  Or just that code doesn't exist?  Folks write disks
> using the Catweasel all the time--I just finished writing some 8"
> hard -sector copies.

According to the developer, the ability just isn't there.  Now of
course the drive can still do it, being a plain old 5.25" drive.  So
maybe it can be done at some point - but he said he has no plans to do
so.

The Kryoflux is also being planned as read-only, but their page says
the hardware has write capabilities and they plan to develop them
later.