Using Hummingbird with DECWindows

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 24 02:48:46 CDT 2010

I am experimenting with using Hummingbird Exceed to get a DECWindows
environment running on my PC. I have managed to get this to work using XDM,
but there are some other things about Exceed that I don't really understand
and would like to explore.

The first is that Hummingbird offers an option to use something called
PCX$SERVER. I have not been able to find out much about this and was
wondering if someone might tell me what this is and where I might find it?

The second is that Hummingbird also seems to offer DECnet as a transport,
but I don't see how to set this up on the PC side and again the docs I have
don't say anything on this. Does anyone know how you might do this?

Thanks

Rob