N8VEM project with my son?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Jul 30 17:34:09 CDT 2010

One fond memory I have of my father (rest his soul) is his "let's
build a radio" project.  He was a little disappointed when the local
electronics parts store didn't stock UV201As, vario-couplers and book-
type-capacitors, but we made do with a 1G4G, hand-wound coils and a
traditional variable capacitor.  Built on a pine board with an Eby
surface-mount socket and run from a dry cell filament supply and a 45
volt "B" battery.

Relevance to modern technology, it seems to me,  isn't important.
Plenty of dads show their sons (and daughters) how to work on 60's
muscle cars.  But do something together, even if it's shooting rats
at the town dump.

Whatever you do, you won't regret it and your kid will remember it
fondly, however it turns out.

--Chuck