Lightbulb police? (was RE: Anyone off to VCF-UK)

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 5 07:08:51 CDT 2010

> > > socket strip was itself rated to 13A.
> > > Order a fuse replacement, and you got another 3A. To get something
>
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, Ray Arachelian wrote:
> > Why not come in very early one day, or stay late another day and replace
> > the 3A fuse with a proper one when no one is looking?  You could always
> > claim ignorance or say "They must have GREEN power supplies" if they ask
> > "wow how did you get 8 machines to run?"
>
> Put a drop of white-out on the '1' of the "13A".

Except that 3A fuses are red (or have red writing on them), 13A fuses are
brown. Other ratings (2A, 5A, 7A, 10A) all seem to have black writing..

Personally, I'd fit a 13A fuse when nobody was looking and claim to know
nothing about it if questioned :-)

> Interesting that in our society, sometimes it may become necessary to lie
> and cheat in order to do one's job properly.

The HSE exists to _stop_ people doing their job.