yet another pdp-8 in a fpga, but this time running tss/8

Don North ak6dn at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 9 02:01:06 CDT 2010

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Don North <ak6dn at mindspring.com> wrote:
>

>> Currently my PDP-8e compatible design on an Altera CycloneII EP2C20 takes
>> about 9% of the total available resources (using internal block ram for the
>> first 4Kx12 memory; pages 1-7 use the external on-board SRAM). So there is
>> lots of logic left to implement peripherals.
>>

> Cool! This isn't an Altera DE1 board by any chance?
> http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=53&No=83
> I've got one of those. Fun things. :)

Exactly that. I've got one of the Digilent S3 boards as well, but
started doing development on the DE1 instead since it has the SDCARD
socket on the board, and I can run the whole thing from USB for power.
At some point I'll probably port the code to the S3 board (shouldn't be
that hard, haven't done anything that is really Altera specific in the
code).