DEC RQZX1 and KDJ11-E boot problem?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Jun 12 12:11:43 CDT 2010

What version of RSTS/E, and does it support the RQZX1?  I think that
support might have come with 10.1.

I'm not sure if anyone has actually attempted what you're doing, some
of us were discussing this a year or two ago, but I know I've not had
time to try it.

What I have done was take an image created on either SIMH or E11 (I'm
pretty sure I was using SIMH), put RT-11 on it, written that out to a
CD-R, and booted and installed from that.  I've done the same with
RSX-11M+.  IIRC, I was unable to successfully boot the RSTS/E CD.
I'm using a Viking QDT SCSI controller.

My *theory* for the HD is to first use dd to create a disk image,
then install RSTS/E on that disk image, and dd it back to the HD.

Of course you may simply have some sort of hardware issue going on
there as well, I'm not familiar with the RQZX1.

Zane

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |