partial P112 kits

A. Christoff Baumann feedle at feedle.net
Mon Jun 21 14:40:47 CDT 2010

On Jun 21, 2010, at 12:29 PM, David Griffith wrote:

> QFP packages

Oh, yeah, sorry.  Been a long night.

It should be noted that the original design ideals, and for that matter what makes the P112 cool for a lot of people, is the design as it sits.  It's a very easy to build kit, requiring only the assembly of discretes and a couple of IC sockets.  I've built P112's in an evening.

If you want a more "traditional", retro-appropriate design, check out N8VEM.  He's built a pretty awesome through-hole system that uses individual boards for things like the controller, disk I/O, etc.  Heck, there's even ways to make it S-100 if that tickles your fancy.

P112 was (I believe) designed to be mounted to a 3 1/2" floppy drive and provide a functional full-featured CP/M computer by itself with said floppy drive and a serial terminal.  It's not the be-all end-all of CP/M SBC designs.. in fact, it sometimes leaves a lot to be desired from a true hard-core CP/M-ists stance. However, as an introduction to SBCs, and as a retrocomputing project, the P112 is exactly what it purports to be.