photos from VCF UK etc

jim s jws at jwsss.com
Tue Jun 22 02:52:40 CDT 2010

PDP 8/L about 2 years ago at TRW.  everyone was looking at it and
marveling at how old it was, and I was counting the 12 front panel
switches, and getting out my $1.

TRW (Northrup / Grumman, LA)swap meet has a combination of computer
users (like me with more than one PC in the house, and potentially a big
pile running), HAMs with their junk (sometimes bring in old computer
stuff), people dumping tailings from local DMRO (or whatever) sales, or
just scrappers with odd bits of stuff.

The computer scrap stores around are pretty much gone now, you have to
know the scrappers and deal with them.  And I"m not talking about
"recyclers" though they might yield some things.

Jim