Slightly OT: Sun Ultra 5 Keyboard

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 08:57:28 CDT 2010

On 6/25/10, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> And if I wanted to add a SCSI card and/or USB card, will any old
> random PC PCI one just work, or do I need something exotic and special
> fabricated out of unobtainium?

USB on a Sun box I have no experience with, but ISTR there is some
favored model of Adaptec PCI SCSI card that should just drop in - the
unobtanium part *might* be that you'd have to find a SPARC boot ROM if
you wanted to boot from an attached device.  I have only ever booted
from "internal" disks on that variety of hardware.

If you do find one with a SPARC ROM on it, it should be a matter of
stuffing it in a slot and powering on.

-ethan