rare systems

Ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Mon Mar 8 21:24:14 CST 2010

Zane H. Healy wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
>> On Mar 8, 2010, at 4:20 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>>> All old steam engines are worth saving. Most old computers are not.
>>
>> Urr? I think it's just the opposite.
>>
>> -Dave
>
> So we should ship all those x86 boxes no one wants to you?

If he is real lucky, we can give him the buggy 586's too!
[1]
> Zane
What scares me is that other than audio/video processing like in DVD
and CD players and the odd console, has there been a real need for
bloatware as today products claim to want. I still hen-peck at at
same speed on a TTY as last years computer keyboard?
Ben.
1] PS if we want to be real nasty, throw computers in the x86 boxes.