Amstrad 3in drive spares

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Nov 2 08:36:07 CDT 2010

On 2 Nov 2010 at 9:13, Philip Pemberton wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've just acquired a pair of 3-inch Amstrad floppy drives, apparently
> from a CPC (they're fitted with black faceplates). One is an EME-231,
> the other is apparently an EME-156 (someone's blanked out the model
> number with a Sharpie).

A word of caution here--observe that the 4-pin power connector looks
exactly like a standard 3.5" conector, but the +12 and +5 leads are
interchanged.  If you try to use a power connector wired for a 3.5"
drive, you'll make magic smoke.

I've had lots of good success with the 2" plastibands, available from
some stationers,  as a drive belt replacement.  It's doesn't flex
like a rubber band.

--Chuck