Fragility in the floppy world (was Re: TRS-80 Model II Manuals)

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Nov 3 21:25:28 CDT 2010

Reminds me of when I was in college and a friend had his diskette
library for his C64
under his "college cheap" folding card table.... he spilled milk while
eating cereal and
being "college lazy" didn't bother with it right away.....

What he didn't realize is that there was a hole in the table... and it
was right above
his precious C64 software library.....

Diskettes and milk.... breakfast of nobody !

He thought all was lost.... I had him buy new floppies, I opened the
jackets of all
of them, cleaned each disk, sacrificed one new floppy and one at a time we
reduplicated the entire library.  Nothing lost.

I still have those 40+ disks (minus the jackets) somewhere :-)

-- Curt