Punched cards - which paper/cardboard?

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Fri Nov 12 16:35:01 CST 2010

Hi Al,

On 12.11.2010 22:28, Al Kossow wrote:
> On 11/12/10 1:07 PM, Philipp Hachtmann wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm thinking about making punched cards.
>
> http://www.ibm-1401.info/CardStockSpecifications.html
Oh, crazy!

> you can still buy punched cards
> http://cardamation.com/punchcardmedia.html
Sure.. I'm thinking about making custom printed punch cards for small profit.
Still missing are round corners and the right resp. nicely suited paper.

> what about fan-fold paper tape?
I made a "machine" that is able to fanfold paper tape. Yes, but.... currently only something like a
proof of concept. It worked too unprecisely by far. It needs to be reconstructed using precision
components instead of a mixture of pneumatics, a stepper motor, and handcrafted wooden parts :-)

Kind regards,

Philipp

--
http://www.hachti.de