SGI drive sleds.

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 07:29:47 CST 2010

--- On Sun, 11/14/10, Geoffrey Reed <geoffr at zipcon.net> wrote:

> Anyone know where I can get a couple
> SGI drive sleds?  I want to get drives
> into my octane (I think it is)

I was never able to find drive sleds either. But I figured out that if you take a CD jewel case, and slide it onto the rails in the computer, and put a drive on top of the case and line it up with the backplane, it mates perfectly. You can use standard CD cases as sleds for the top two drive connectors. For the bottom one, use a slimline jewel case and just lay it on the bottom.

My machine has been running for years like this, with three drives.

-Ian