seeking particular branded SCSI hard drives

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Nov 29 20:09:11 CST 2010

At 5:57 PM -0800 11/29/10, Peter C. Wallace wrote:
>On Tue, 30 Nov 2010, Nigel Williams wrote:
>>Micropolis 1578-15    50-pin SCSI 5-inch full-height 332MB
>               ^^^^^
>Some sources say this is the same as a RZ55 which may be easier to find

Or it could help drive up the price for the drives.  Is there any
Ultrix requirements to use these drives?  Were they used on VMS
boxes?  It is less likely they'd be on a PDP-11, but still possible.

If there is a large customer somewhere in the worlds that needs
'exact part' replacements, things tend to go up in value. :-(

Something else to consider is that shipping a full height 5.25" HD,
even inside the US isn't cheap.  It wasn't cheap 12 or so years ago
when I was messing with such things, and costs have only gotten worse.

Zane

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |
|                                  | Photographer               |