what was VMS/OpenVMS written in?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Nov 30 21:06:08 CST 2010

Phew!  From all the messages, I was afraid this had degenerated, but
instead everyone contributed great content to this thread, thanks.

The reason I asked is that over on comp.lang.c++ someone basically
asserted that *all* desktop and server OS software was written in C,
so I was trying to think of other OSes (whether current or not) that
weren't written in C to drive home the point that LMW is not the
entire world. (LMW = linux, mac, windows)