Semi-OT: Texas Instruments calculator battery packs?

Charles charlesmorris800 at centurytel.net
Sat Oct 2 21:56:51 CDT 2010

Does anyone know where I can find a BP-8 battery pack for my TI
Programmer (calculator) that I've owned since the early 80's? It
has a small dc-dc converter and two AA nicads inside, supplying 9
volts to the snap-on connector. The board is corroded beyond
salvaging by badly leaked nicads :(

It will run on a 9 volt battery too (max drain with all digits on
is 44 ma according to this interesting German site):
http://www.christophlorenz.de/calc/ti/programmer.php?l=en
and I suppose I could just put one inside the plastic housing of
the BP-8 which of course would not be rechargeable.

I also need a pack for my otherwise clean SR-51A, a BP-1A. This
would be trivial to repair except that it's completely missing and
I have no idea where it went!

thanks
Charles