3D

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 15:11:40 CDT 2010

> THIRTY years ago, CCTV monitors and home TV sets.

Only if you were a 'micro' person. The PERQ was just around 30 years ago,
that was 768*1024 (portrait, I don;t think the landscape model,
1280*1202) was out by then. 1 bit per pixel, of course.

And I have an image display for minicomptuters (PDP11/VAX/HP2100/etc) from
that pewriod which is 512*512*30 bits. That's the version with the more
expensive DAC board, the standard version was 'only' 24 bits per pixel.

And don't forget vector displays. Resolutiuons of 1024 points on each
axis were commonplace.