at&t unix pc

Mark Davidson mdavidson1963 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 21:48:49 CDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

>>> StarLAN does *NOT* operate on a 10BaseT network.  The signalling is
>>> similar, but the data rate is 1 Mbps rather than 10 Mbps.
>>
>> Apologies for any ambiguity, but to be clear, the genuine StarLAN
>> transceivers I have are working fine on my 10BaseT network at 10Mbps,
>> not 1Mbps.  I was not trying to suggest you could plug a true 1Base5
>> StarLAN network directly into a 10BaseT network.
>>
>> Is it possible that different kinds of devices were all badged "StarLAN"?
>
>  You're talking about StarLAN-10, which is very different from StarLAN.  I
> don't recall if they were labeled as such.
>
>            -Dave

Ok, I pulled out my 'black binder'.  It's a copy of the AT&T Unix PC
Reference Manual, and is for technicians doing component-level
troubleshooting of the AT&T Unix PC logic board.  It's pretty thick
and contains sections on:

* System Features and Functions
* Logic Board Theory of Operation
* Diagnostics
* Logic Board Test Procedures
* Schematics
* PAL Equations
* Mnemonics
* Expansion Memory Locations

As I said, it's pretty thick... has this been preserved in digital
form somewhere?

Mark