at&t unix pc

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Thu Oct 14 15:51:44 CDT 2010

Ethan wrote:
>> I never got to the stage of having a reliable driver.
>>
> Ah.  Out of curiosity, did you happen to write it from scratch or did
> you have existing UNIX 5380 drivers to "borrow" from?

I was working from scratch, and was finding debugging to be exceedingly
difficult.  These days it would be somewhat easier as I have a good
logic analyzer I could hook up to the MC68010.  (An in-circuit emulator
would be even better.)

> Perhaps a CPU-socket design is worth considering.  64 pin DIP sockets
> are still available.  ;-)

Yes, and there is enough clearance (barely) to fit such a thing in,
though the MC68010 might have to be soldered in place as their might not
be enough clearance for socketed components on the daughterboard.

Eric