Oldest original proper computer (stored program etc)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sun Oct 17 03:16:51 CDT 2010

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 12:51:10 +0100
Roger Holmes <roger.holmes at microspot.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm not counting the Zuse in Germany as its not a stored program
> machine, and anyway I'm not sure if it is a replica or the original.
What Zuse you are refering to? There are "many".

The Z22 at the ZKM sholud be complete and and operable. (If the people
at the ZKM have not ruined the machine meanwhile.) It is tube based and
was build 1958. It is a stored program machine for sure. Main memory is
a drum with 8192 words. It is original and has been kept in working
condition most if its lifetime.
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}