Semi-OT: Texas Instruments calculator battery packs?

MikeS dm561 at torfree.net
Thu Oct 21 13:07:06 CDT 2010

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:17:36 -0500
From: "Michael B. Brutman" <mbbrutman-cctalk at brutman.com>
Subject: Re: Semi-OT: Texas Instruments calculator battery packs?

I just looked at my TI Programmer - how on earth do you even get into
the BP-8?  The flex tabs that hold it together won't budge, and I'm not
interested in breaking them.

If I could get into it, I'd like to rebuild the battery pack.

Mike
Not to start one of our flamefests over here, but it should be pretty
straightforward; gently pry out the short 3 finger side with something wide
enough to catch the whole width, and it will just tilt open.

I've replaced mine several times, as well as another TI calc using the same
pack; hope your batteries aren't too corroded.

I _might_ even have an inverter module for the OP; still looking.

mike