vax 11/751

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Oct 28 13:52:29 CDT 2010

On 10/28/10 2:49 PM, Brent Hilpert wrote:
> I spent the better part of the 80's programming on a 750, and working
> around it (and occasionally in it) in the machine room.

   I always tucked extra cable and stuff in that left side when raised
floor wasn't available.  The battery backup option also mounts over
there if memory serves, but doesn't take up the whole space.

> The extra-wide cabinet always seemed out of place next to all the
> 19-inch rack equipment and I wondered why DEC went to the trouble to
> make it that way. I never knew about the regular rack-width 751 until now.

   They really are nice.  If I can find some cash I'm hoping to find a
way to get ahold of that machine.  That's not terribly likely but one
can hope. :)

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire