Need to find parts 82S23 / 74S188

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 30 16:21:08 CDT 2010

> Anybody no where to score some Sig 82S23 / Nat 74S188 parts ? I've tried all
> the usual suspects ( Ebay, local parts houses, Digikey, etc. ) with no joy.
> I believe this part was used on old S100 boards.
>
> Part also known as ( a.k.a. ) Fu 7111, AMD 27S18, MMI 6330, TI 18SA30 and
> Harris 7602. Need this part to fix an old computer controlled RF Power
> amplifier.

IIRC, this is a PROM, 32*8 I think. Do you have a copy of the data to
program into it? A blank chip is not a lot of use to you otherwise...

Also while all the derives you've mentioned are I think compatible when
being read (that is, as they are normally used in the circuit), the
programming algorithms are different for differnet manufacturers. You need
to get one that your programmer can handle