2-inch floppy usage

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Sep 3 00:27:02 CDT 2010

On 2 Sep 2010 at 21:51, David Griffith wrote:

> You're right.  I was thinking of the Quickdisk.  This question was
> prompted by my updating http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floppy_disk to
> re-add mention of a 2-inch disk other than the Video Floppy.  A client
> of mine has a 2-inch disk on his wall that is quite different from a
> VF and I'm trying to figure out what it really is.  I asked him for a
> scan of that disk, so we'll soon see what was what.

There was a fellow from China posting a blog entry on Erik's VCF who
asked about a 3" floppy that didn't resemble anything that I'd ever
seen.  Plastic jacket, but with a V-shaped cutout that exposed the
media.  My guess was perhaps an office machine of some kind, probably
a typewriter.  Sadly, his site with the photo has joined the Great
Bit Bucket in the sky.

--Chuck