Wanted: DEC RRD50 CD-ROM Manuals

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Sep 7 11:22:14 CDT 2010

On 9/7/10 3:24 AM, Eric Smith wrote:
> Steven Hirsch asked about the DEC RRD50 (Philips/LMSI CM100):
>  > Is that the one that used a bizarre proprietary plastic carrier for
> the disk?
>
> No, it's a top-loader with no caddy.

   I'm pretty sure I have one of those brand new, still in the box.

> Maybe the RRD40 used a proprietary caddy? I've never seen it, so I don't
> know.

   Yes, I think that's correct.  I have several of those drives here
(anybody need any?) but they're out of sight at the moment.  Might be
RRD42 instead of RRD40?  They're definitely the ones with the narrow
slot that requires the strange "claw" caddy.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL