MicroVAX 2000 ROM placement question

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 21:55:59 CDT 2010

On 9/15/10, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:
> On 9/15/10 7:33 PM, David J. Cooper wrote:
>
>> But, I have many more motherboards and machines if this doesn't match.
>>

> it would be a good thing to get rom dumps of all the variants.

Agreed.  I have my four 64KB files, and another list member sent me a
monolithic dump taken from a running machine (that I plan to split 4
ways and compare vs what I have).  Yet another set of numbers is
listed on the original printsets, but I don't have a matching set of
ROMs for those numbers.

Is there an incoming spot on bitsavers, or for small stuff like this,
should we just mail it to you?

I'm personally curious what the "ABOfy" means on 3 of my 4 labels.
The other numbers all make sense, given DEC's numbering schemes.

-ethan