HP 9000 series 200 emulator

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 14:31:48 CST 2011

> > I have seen recently some 'request' for an hp 9000 serie 200 emulator
> > .... here it is :
> >
> > http://sites.google.com/site/olivier2smet2/hp_projects/hp98x6
> >

> PC only, no sources, yet ANOTHER implementation of CS80/Amigo
>
> yawn..

YEs, I agree with you on that point. It does upset me (a little) when
people take a lot of frre information from the community but are mot
prepared to provide their work in source code form.

I am much more likely to provide inromation, do tests on the real
hardware, etc for somebody who is writing an open-cource emulator. In
fact it I know it is not goign to be open-source I am unlikely to do
anything...

> Think I'll just continue to sit on all the software CHM got from HP for
> the 9000 series until someone releases one in SOURCE FORM.

That is a littlke unfair on all those people who have real HP9000/200
machines and still run them.