Free: Stack of Victor or Sirius floppy disks

les at frii.com les at frii.com
Wed Mar 2 19:45:27 CST 2011

The Victor 9000 had a variable spindle speed, I cant remember if the
drive spun faster on the inside or outside tracks.  Also, the index hole
detector was not used.  Many of the drives did not have a index
detector, on the drives that did have an index hole sensor, it worked
just as well without it plugged in.  I got in a argument about the
ability to use hard sectored floppies in the Victor 9000 with a Victor
sales rep once.  Even after I showed him that the index detector was not
connected, he still didn't believe me.

Les