Faulty Apple Lisa 2/10 Drive - Problem persists

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 13:01:00 CST 2011

> > It is, unfortunately, very hard to diagnose faults remotely, particularly
> > on a device that I have never seen...
>
> No worries, it was worth a shot and I appreciate your help.  I've actually
> learnt quite a bit so that is no bad thing.

Yes. One advantage of what I call 'real' troubleshooting is that you tend
to pick up quite a bit of electronics knowledge along the way :-)

It's a pity that we live on opposite sides of the globe. If we were
nest doro to each other, I'd suggest letting me have a look at it.
Needless to say it's a lot easier to do this sort of diagnosis with the
device in front of you.

> I think I'll consign this to the "might look at again some time in the
> future" pile.    I'm sure everybody has such piles in their workshop.  Mine
> seems to keeps growing (-:

Well, I certainly do, and it does, indeed, keep growing. There's a lot of
intereting stuff I must get round to working on one day.

I tend to only put stuff there if I know it's going to takr a _lot_ of
time to sort out (months/years) or if I know I need
parts/manuals/knowledge that I can't get at the moment but might get
later. I think in my case if I had a drive with a spindle motor problem I
would see it through. YMMV