Heath H-1 analog computer

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Mar 7 14:23:54 CST 2011

On 3/7/11 3:10 PM, Doug Coward wrote:
>     Congratulations Dave.
>       I have only seen one up close - one time.
>       About 15 years ago I did get ahold of most ot the manuals from the heathkit
>     manual replacement service, all except the es-600 function generator manual.
>       I still have not found a reason it is called the HC-1. I just call it the
>     Heath Electronic Analog Computer Model ES-400, because es-400 is the model for
>     the cabinet kit.

   Yes, I'm confused about that too.  Here's what I just said to another
listmember about that privately:

   You know, I've been wondering about that.  Nowhere have I seen any
reference to the "H-1" model name.  Not on the machine, not in the docs,
nowhere.  The former owner referred to it as such, and some googling
turns up a few pages describing this machine and calling it by that name.

>       I have a magazine cover about the Heath Analog Computer at
>     http://www.cowardstereoview.com/analog/readlist.htm

   Neat!  Great pic!

>     I've envious, Good Luck with it.

   Thanks!