BIOS/Clock battery replacement

Curt @ Atari Museum curt at atarimuseum.com
Wed Mar 9 21:47:13 CST 2011

The CR2032's are 3v, but its of no huge difference, generally the drop
off voltage for the memory retaining will be around 1.8-2.0v's so you
should be totally fine, what is on the board or was on the board
previously?      Volts are important but the millamps to allow it to
last longer are actually more important, you may want to consider
putting them in parallel if what was there is a higher ma amount

Also, check and see if what was there is no a rechargeable cell because
if so, you'll have to put a diode into the circuit to keep the power
from backwashing into the battery and damaging it, LiON button batteries
like the CR series are not rechargeable and youll damage it if the
current battery is setup to be a rechargeable....