DEC 872-A power controller docs?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Mar 21 14:20:20 CDT 2011

On 3/21/11 2:04 PM, Chris Elmquist wrote:
>>    What's in your corporate rack?
>
> Two RL02 and 11/34A...  which fills it except for one ugly 1U-ish gap
> above the CPU and below the top RL02.  The CPU can't go up tight to
> the top RL02 because of some structure in the rack so it looks like
> they always had some other small panel piece to fit there... which I do
> not have.
>
> There's a good picture of one here,
>
> http://museum.dyne.org/index.php/Immagine:P5182215.jpg

   That's really nice-looking packaging for an 11/34.

> So, that piece just below the RL02 is on my "to find" list ;-)

   Ahh yes, there's one of those (in what looks to be an identical rack)
in my VAX-11/730.  There are two metal clips which screw into the rack,
and the white piece snaps onto them.

   It's 1U tall, so in the worst case you could get a 1U flat filler
panel and paint it to match the rest of the cabinet.

> Then the very bottom panel piece on mine has a roughly 1" x 3/4"
> rectangular hole cut in it near the right side.  A white rocker switch
> with ( 1 / 0) embossed on it will fit that hole though and serve as my
> master on / off for the rack (via that 872-A PDU) I guess.

   That sounds like an excellent plan.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire