DEC 872-A power controller docs?

tiggerlasv at aim.com tiggerlasv at aim.com
Mon Mar 21 14:48:31 CDT 2011

On Mon Mar 21 13:04:33 CDT 2011, Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com  wrote:

>  Then the very bottom panel piece on mine has a roughly 1" x 3/4"
>  rectangular hole cut in it near the right side.  A white rocker switch
>  with ( 1 / 0) embossed on it will fit that hole though and serve as my
>  master on / off for the rack (via that 872-A PDU) I guess.

Most (if not all) of the "newer" BA11 chassis and/or power supplies
will already have the same 3-pin connector you're talking about.

If you have a BA11-L chassis, take a peek at the H777 power supply.

It has a power distribution board that should have a 3-pin molex connector marked "J5".

Connecting this pin-for-pin to the 3-pin connector on your H872-A power controller
will turn on all of the switched outlets on the power controller, whenever the 11/34 is powered up.

You can daisy-chain addiitonal power controllers, using the 2nd 3-pin connector on the H872-A.

As for the hole on the kick-plate. . .   I'm not sure what that's for -- I've seen it before though.