Faulty Apple Lisa 2/10 Drive - No longer an issue

Terry Stewart terry at webweavers.co.nz
Mon Mar 21 19:11:14 CDT 2011

Hi,

Well I had a crack at looking at the hall effect devices in the two faulty
drives.  Under the scope, there didn't seem to be anything unusual.  All
hall effect devices showed a similar AC waveform in all circumstances with
nothing appearing unusual or very different about any of them?

Although it would be good to know exactly what was wrong, further diagnosis
is no longer necessary.  John Woodall, whom I bought the X\Profile card off,
has generously sent me a replacement drive (and a couple of spares), for the
cost of shipping only!    THANK YOU John.

I tried them two of them out yesterday and they are fine.  My two Lisas are
now up and running.

The project is still not quite complete.  I'd like to get some
rubber/plastic "feet' for the Lisas (they are missing their original ones)
and the keys on one of the keyboards are a kind of olive colour.  Some
retr0brighting might be called for I think.

Of course it would be great to have a Profile drive too, to turn my
hard-driveless Lisa from a Lisa 2 to a Lisa 2/5 but I think that's just
wishful thinking.  (-:

Many thanks Tony for all the help you've given me, and the general support
from this mailing list.

Terry (Tez)