Free: Various Mac gear (Seattle)

Josh Dersch derschjo at mail.msu.edu
Sat Mar 26 16:58:56 CDT 2011

As I continue to clean, I continue to unearth stuff I no longer have too
much of a need for.  For example, I have no idea why I have 10
classic-form-factor Macintoshes.  Sure, they're cute, but perhaps ten is
too many?  Perhaps you would like one of them?  Here they are:

- Mac 512Ke - Needs repair (analog board needs some TLC).  Someone at
some point hacked the rear case up in order to fit a Mac Plus
motherboard in there (different port arrangement).  Otherwise, a fine
looking Mac (yellowed as they all seem to be.)  I can provide this with
both the 512K board and the Plus board, if you want.

- Mac SE - No hard drive or floppy, analog board needs repair, serious
screen burn-in, and the case is fairly yellowed.  No case screws. Looks
like 4mb of memory.

- Mac Classic - In great shape (no yellowing), 4mb RAM, 80mb drive,
currently has System 7.5 on it.  Screen size vacillates a bit on disk
access, perhaps a power supply problem?

- Mac Classic II - In great external condition (no yellowing at all) but
shows signs of bad RAM at startup (vertical bars on the display).  I
cannot find my mac-cracking Torx wrench or I'd open it up and verify
what it's got in it.  Screen looks nice, drive spins up...

I also have a pair of spare Mac SE boards.  I do not know if they work,
but I see no reason why not.  They look to be fully populated with 4mb
RAM, each.

No keyboards or mice are included with these (oddly enough, I find
myself without any to spare...)

Anyone interested?  I'll be donating these to RE-PC in Seattle next
weekend if there are no interested parties here.  I'd prefer local
pickup, but I could probably be convinced to ship these, since they're
pretty small and easy to pack...

- Josh