IBM Series/1, PDP-11/84 potentially available in Oregon

Zane Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Dec 2 09:56:01 CST 2014

On Dec 1, 2014, at 9:47 AM, John Rollins <kd7bcy at kd7bcy.com> wrote:

> On a side note, the PDP-11/84 may also be available soon. It's pretty bare bones and will likely need at a minimum a disk drive and controller. I used to have a list of the cards that were installed but I can't find it right now. I have a disk drive of some kind in the garage currently, I think it's an 8" floppy drive but I haven't looked at it closely, and it is in poor shape. The CPU rack in the basement is decent, just a broken spot weld on the door hinge which makes it hang loosely. Similar story

When the time comes that you need it gone, if no one is interested in taking this, let me know.  It would be easier to power than my PDP-11/44.  I'm not worried about disks, I have a Viking UDT, and other disk controllers.  I'm in the area, and can probably rescue it rather than seeing it go to scrape.

Question, is it just the bare CPU chassis in the RACK?

Zane