Fwd: is there any word processing software for the pdp11?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Dec 2 13:22:20 CST 2014

On 12/02/2014 11:03 AM, Noel Chiappa wrote:

>      > From: Chuck Guzis
>
>      > DIBOL. :)
>
> Hey, if you're running one of the later 11's, the ones with CIS, reputedly
> DIBOL runs _really fast_ on them! (Well, fast for an -11... :-)

It's interesting that a quick web lookup on DiBOL tends toward the
opinion that it was Digital's attempt at a reduced COBOL.  I never
though so--it looks more like BASIC to me.

Early in the 70s, Xerox was looking at a small-business microcomputer
system, called "Merchant".  I don't think it ever escaped development;
it used an 8080 and had an implementation of DiBOL.  The idea was to use
the established base of DiBOL application.

--Chuck