BDV11 ROM programs?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Dec 11 11:58:34 CST 2014

Does anyone know of anything that documents the contents of the various BDV11
ROMs? In particular, I'm interested in learning what the various halt
locations imply.

Yes, I know, I could dump them, and disassemble them, but I'm hoping to avoid
all that hard work... :-)

There seem to be two different ROM sets; 23-046E2/23-045E2, which seem to be
an earlier set, as they only understand 56KB of memory; and a later set,
SG8326-339E2 and SG8330-340E2 (which might not be DEC standard, the numbers on
them are 'odd' - although they might be 23-339E2/23-340E2, the boot ROMs from
the 11/23+), which understand up to 4MB of memory.

(Interestingly, the latter set are on Intel D2716s, EPROMs, unlike the earlier
ones, which are plain PROMs.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

	Noel