DEC printsets on line why not AFS

Stefan Skoglund stefan.skoglund at agj.net
Tue Dec 23 11:51:12 CST 2014

mån 2014-12-22 klockan 22:03 -0500 skrev Sean Caron:
> Dropbox is just another cloud storage provider, you can sign up for free
> and you get some number of gigs to start with... you can pay more for extra
> space but the default allocation is fairly generous. There's a client for
> most OS platforms that will allow you to mount the DropBox share and have
> it look like local storage... probably WebDAV or something. Just go to
> www.dropbox.com and you can set up an account. Some of the folks that I
> support at U-M use it for casual data transfers. It's been around for a
> while now.
>
> If you wanted to have the spreadsheet up as like a group-edit kind of
> thing, maybe better to use Google Docs?
>
> Best,
>
> Sean
>
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 9:46 PM, steve shumaker <shumaker at att.net> wrote:
>
> > Jack
> >
> > How did you set up the dropbox?   cost?   size limits?
> >
> > I'm looking at posting a large spreadsheet for the list to use and am
> > looking at options
> >
> > Steve
> >

> > On 12/22/2014 12:23 AM, Jack Rubin wrote:
> >
> >> I've digitized several early PDP-8 related printsets and placed them
> >> online in a public Dropbox folder. Circumstances did not allow direct
> >> scanning of the documents - they were photographed and then post-processed
> >> to produce .pdf files. Conditions were less than optimal and the resultant
> >> files are quite large but hopefully these files will be of use to those who
> >> need them.
> >>
> >> The files are:
> >> 779 Power Supply
> >> 832 Power Controller
> >> PDP-8/I Printset
> >> DM01 Printset
> >> KW8I Printset
> >> TC01 Printset
> >> TU55 Printset
> >>
> >> The files are located at: http://tinyurl.com/PDP8I-docs
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Jack

AFS ?

Agreed, it is not universally accessible on Windows for example or
Solaris (i don't know how well the AFS clients works in Windows.)

I think most Linux dists has a working OpenAFS.

But, i think that most of the people on this list is fully able to
configure one or two computers for AFS client access.