Osborne Vixen - Zenith 7" display t-shooting issues

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Nov 7 23:37:23 CST 2014

On 11/07/2014 07:34 PM, Mike Stein wrote:

> CFLs definitely do not like being enclosed or upside down; they can also
> create substantial RF interference.And then there's the mercury content,
> dim light, especially when cold, etc. But they're a good source of parts...

The other day, when replacing yet another (GE) CFL after about 10 months
of service, I observed that I still had plenty of 20-year-old
incandescents installed, but not a single CFL.  And I purchased them by
the carton then.

Over the past couple of years, I've replaced the dark-activated 7W
"night lights" in my home with modern white LED ones.  Big
mistake--after about 2 years, they're much dimmer than they started out
to be.  I didn't replace the EL or neon night-lights and they're all
still fine.

I don't get it.  Or maybe I do.

--Chuck