IBM 5151 (MDA display) - common faults / gotchas?

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 11:23:16 CST 2014

On 11/07/2014 11:49 PM, tony duell wrote:
> Screen burn can be a problem

Hmm, that's a good point. I think in severe cases it's usually visible with
the screen powered off, so I suppose I can tell if it's really bad. Or I
might just haul my 5160 in and try it out at the store :-)

> Biggest Gotcha is getting inside.

Thanks for the details - fingers crossed it won't come to that!

Book store guy also buys electronics scrap by the pound, so I'll see how
many junk modern PC motherboards I can rustle up to help offset the cost...

cheers

Jules