VAX 11/730 Documentation

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Nov 9 11:53:09 CST 2014

> On Nov 9, 2014, at 03:03 , Anders Sandahl <anders at abc80.net> wrote:
>
> I picked up a VAX 11/730 earlier this week. Got some documentation along
> with it that I couldn't find on the net. Decided to share.

Congratulations on your new 11/730, from another 11/730 owner!

Mine also came with some documentation that's not scanned in the wild yet. I've been meaning to scan it, but that's on my very long list of things that I may or may not ever get around to doing.

I haven't booted my machine up yet, because it hasn't been able to read any of its console tapes. My next step will be to plug in tu58em in place of the internal tape drive to see if I can boot it from a boot tape image I found online. I hope that I'll be able to recover the contents of some of my physical boot tapes somehow, because they cover different versions than what I've seen online.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/