ADDS 4000/260 keyboard connector

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 08:31:29 CST 2014

Longest of long shots, but does anyone happen to know the keyboard
connector pinout on an ADDS 4000/260 terminal?

I have such a terminal here, and it has a 6-pin RJxx-type socket, but the
keyboard which came with it would appear to be for something else, and has
a 4-pin RJxx plug (I'm not sure of the actual RJ designations, but they're
physically different, albeit close - the keyboard one fits in the
terminal's 6-way socket, but is too loose to make contact on its 4 pins)

However, the manual for the terminal mentions supporting a PC keyboard, so
it's possible that a standard PS/2 keyboard with the PS/2 connector lopped
off and replaced with a suitable RJxx connector would work - i.e. the
clocking method and scancodes are identical - if I knew the pinout (it's
also possible that the same is true of the keyboard that came with it - the
physical layout's identical to a PC, but with the addition of a 'select' key)

cheers

Jules