pdp11/93 DB9 rs232 pinout

Henk henk.gooijen at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 15 02:35:26 CST 2014

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
From: Noel Chiappa
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2014 2:19 AM
To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
Cc: jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Re: pdp11/93 DB9 rs232 pinout

    > From: Roe Peterson

    > Can anyone point me at the pinouts for the KDJ11-E pdp11/93 DB9 rs232
    > connectors for the extra 7 (simulated) DL11s?

Alas, documentation on the 11/93-94 seems to be very scarce on the ground.
(And, just for grins, the page in the 11/94 User Guide which has the
section -
1.2.6 - which talks, however briefly, about that panel - pg. 1-4 - is
missing
from all the online copies of that manual which I checked.)

The only thing I can suggest is that if you actually have the cable, the
pinout on the board is given in the KDJ11-E User's Guide (EK-KDJ1E-UG-001,
available online), on pg. 88-91 (aka 2-13 to 2-16), and an ohm-meter and
some
time will give you the pinout of one of the DB9's - presumably they are all
the same, from there.

Noel

---
I have that manual, I am not sure whether it is missing page 1-4. I will
check.
If I have that page, I will scan it and email it to Al.

Jjust a few months ago, I wanted to connect a VT510 to the console port.
All connectors are DE-9, and I *assume* that they all have the same pinout.
What worked for me is the "VAX console cable", in other words: that DE-9
connectors is NOT "PC alike"! You can find the VAX console cable pinout on
the web. You only need to wire RXD, TX and GND.
http://www.mcmanis.com/chuck/computers/vaxen/panels.htm

- Henk, PA8PDP