pdp11/93 DB9 rs232 pinout

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Nov 15 15:49:18 CST 2014

    > From: Johnny Billquist

    >> (.. the page in the 11/94 User Guide .. pg. 1-4 - is missing from
    >> all the online copies of that manual which I checked.)
    >> the pinout on the board is given in the KDJ11-E User's Guide
    >> (EK-KDJ1E-UG-001, available online)

    > PDP-11/9x manuals are not scarce at all. Where do you people search???

    > 11/93:
    > http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/1193/EK-KDJ1E-UG-001_KDJ11-E_CPU_Module_Users_Guide_Jan91.pdf
    > 11/94:
    > http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/1194/EK-PDP94-MG-001_Sep90.pdf

If you actually read my message (the one you included in your reply), you
will see that I referenced _both_ of those (the 94 'MG' document is fully
titled the 'System User and Maintainence Guide' - I shorted that mouthful to
make it less work to type), and indicated they were available online.

And the '93' manual you list is not for the 93, but rather is for the KDJ11-E
CPU card, which is used in _both_ the 93 and 94. (That document is also
mostly duplicative of the 94-MG.) Needless to say, there's a lot more to
those systems than the CPU card, although some of it (e.g. the power
supplies) _may_ be documented separately; I haven't checked.

Typical DEC systems have a lot of other documents, none of which seem to be
available online for the 93/94, including (typically):

	User Manual
	Technical Manual
	Maintainence Manual
	Field Maintainence Print Set
	Illustrated Parts Breakdown

For the KDJ11-E there does seem to be the "KDJ11-E CPU System Maintenance
Manual" (EK-403AA-MM-001), but that doesn't seem to be available online.

The one 11/94 document I know of (the System User and Maintainence Guide)
does reference the Field Maintainence Print Set for the 11/94 (MP-02637-01 -
but according to Manx, that's not available online), and the IPB. So probably
the other ones don't exist for the /94.

I don't know which of these documents even exist for the /93, since I can't
find a single 93-specific document - which might list what other /93
documents exist.

	Noel