PDP-11/23 Debugging

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 14:47:27 CST 2014

On Nov 17, 2014 12:38 PM, "Ben Sinclair" <bensinc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now I'm confused again! If I setup the BDV11 to control the LTC interrupt,
> should I have W4 in or out?

Yeah, I think I was confused about that. I think you would normally have
the BDV11 configured so that the BEVENT bus signal is under software
control so that you don't need to use the front panel Aux switch to disable
BEVENT. But you would normally always have W4 removed on the M8186 so that
interrupts occur when BEVENT is enabled on the bus. The exception would be
if you had something like an M8016 KPV11 which generates its own LTC
interrupts.